Our Endrick model ghillie brogues are for our budget minded customer or for someone who just wants a good quality pair of brogues at a fair price. These shoes feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Rubber soles
- Padded insoles
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Great product and Incredible Customer Service Ed
Quality Price ValueI have to say I am very pleased with the shoes. They fit excellently, are high quality, and very comfortable. I had to order a size up and you all were very helpful with that.
I had ordered a first pair for an event. When those arrived they were too small. Your folks not only helped with the sizing but also helped figured out how to get a new pair to my with very little time to spare. They arrived the next day after the second order and everything was great. I can't say enough for your Customer Service. Everyone I spoke too was great! Thanks so much and I will happily recommend you all to friends and my relatives. (Posted on 9/1/2022)
- Endrick Ghillies Brougues E Steele
Value Quality PriceGreat Brougues a lot of quality for the price very well made. As always USA Kilts took care of my needs great buy! (Posted on 5/22/2022)
- Excellent shoe for the money Phil
Price Value QualityThese shoes fit very well and were true to the size I ordered. Excellent value for the money, and a much higher qualitity than I expected. (Posted on 2/19/2022)
- Great pair of shoes Judy
Price Value QualityThe price is great for a good looking pair of Scottish shoes. Well made (Posted on 2/10/2022)
- Good value Mike mc
Quality Price ValueThese look great and are an awesome value. Sizing refer to website not recommended for anyone who wears a wide width. DD or larger. I little snug which I am accustomed to because I wear E width shoe. (Posted on 10/29/2021)
- Perfect Ned
Price Value QualityWe tried to - fit the broughes sight unseen. They are too small and shall be
exchanged soon. Overall ? the experience was great. Awesom... (Posted on 9/3/2021)
- Perfect Will
Value Quality PriceMost important, size was just right. I wear a 9 1/2, ordered the same, fit perfect. (Posted on 6/29/2021)
- A great value and a fine shoe! Oldpiraye
Quality Price ValueThis pair of Ghillie Brogues is perfect for the Prince Charlie version of my kilt wearing! They look great against a pair of white hose! (Posted on 3/9/2021)
- Awesome! Old Pirate
Price Value QualityThe quality of these shoes is really nice! I am a US9.5-10 and ordered the UK9. Perfect fit! I slipped them on over a pair of regular wool socks I happened to be wearing and laced them up. I've been wearing them for two hours now and they are really comfortable! (Posted on 2/25/2021)
- Very happy with my Ghillie Brogues! ktk1961
Price Value QualityLove my new Ghillie Brogues. Fit well. I actually did NOT size up. Most of my dress shoes are 9.5 US and that's what I ordered after conferring with Derek. He offered to exchange for a larger size, if needed. But even with the kilt hose, the 9.5 is fine. Also very happy with the customer service from USA Kilts. It's top-notch. (Posted on 12/29/2020)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.
You May Also Like:<