These ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Cemented and stitched leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Comes in wide sizes
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Excellent ShamusinBemidji
Value Quality PriceExcellent value, quality and turnaround (Posted on 11/2/2023)
- Outstanding shoes and service Mickey D
Value Quality PriceJust received my new brogues...I'm wearing the Glenfinnan now. Excellent quailty, executive grade brogue. They look and feel fantastic. Size: normally wear a US 12, so a UK 11 was suggested on the USAK website. However, I ordered the UK 10.5 due to the fact that my last Thislte Shoe, model 7051, bought on Ebay, was an eleven UK, and it was cut HUGE. So, I took a chance on the half size down....good length, and just ever so slightly snug, with heavy kilt hose. They will stretch!
Customer service: the best!!! Initially, they sent the wrong shoe, Endrick model. Lance took care of me and sent a return, pre-paid label. At the same time, they sent out the correct shoe and I had it in two days from pickup at USAK. Best customer service around! (Posted on 10/25/2023)
- Above and beyond my expectations Matt
Value Quality PriceGreat shoes at a damn fair price. These are high quality right down to the metal heel strike plate. Very comfortable with little break in period. I wear a 10.5 and ordered an 11, they fit perfect. Thank you for providing high quality at a reasonable price. (Posted on 4/26/2023)
- Excellent Product B. Krieske
Value Quality PriceIt was suggested that I order the shoes 1 size larger than I normally wear due to the UK sizing. I did and they fit perfectly.
Very well made, priced reasonably and they arrived faster than I expected.
USA Kilts runs like a well oiled machine. (Posted on 4/25/2023)
- EXCELLENT Service for a Quality Product! Steven L
Value Quality PriceFirst, I must comment on the service I received from my telephone order. Matt handled and completed my order in the most professional manner possible. He was entirely knowledge about the product and personable in his manner; everything a customer wants!
The shoe itself is amazing. It is a proper leather ghillie brogue shoe. No patent leather here. I ordered a half size larger than my normal size to accommodate pipe hose, and the fit was just right. I put these shoes on straight form the box, and I wore them for 8 hours following. They fit perfectly without binding or pinching. An entirely pleasant experience with absolutely no discomfort whatsoever. Both the company and the shoe receive my highest marks! (Posted on 4/13/2023)
- worth the price Jacob
Price Value Qualitythese are natural leather shoes, not patent leather. Which I prefer and feel it adds an authentic and attractive look with the hose and kilt.
I normally wear a 9.5/10 2E US, these fit almost perfectly in an 8.5 standard for me. (Posted on 3/8/2023)
- Surprised by the quality. SAguy
Price Value QualityI was surprised by the quality of the shoe. Real leather isn't something one sees too often these days. (Posted on 3/7/2023)
- Good service and good product Uncle Stinky
Price Value QualityI tried ordering shoes online but had a wee problem so I called em up. Salesman was courteous and helpfull.he even made sure he had size in stock before finalizing order. I needed shoes in relative haste and they showed up in just few days. The shoes look great and aren't just glued together like cheap Chinese crap. I bought a half size over normal shoe size and fits perfect with my hose. I am willing to pay good money for good construction. I've also been using the hangers for almost 10 years now and love em. That is why I bought from USA KILTS this time. I was not disappointed and lookin forward to traveling there from texas for them to measure for new real wool kilt. Yep I'm a serial kilter for last 8 years. (Posted on 2/6/2023)
- Thistle brand ghillies are the best fir comfort and style in my opinion. Ronauld.F.
Value Quality PriceGreat brand for comfort and style (Posted on 9/22/2022)
- Great Ghillies Chuck
Value Quality PriceI have worn Ghillies for over 50 years. Face it, they are the most uncomfortable shoes on the planet. Buying new shoes every 2-3 years gets expensive and that's if you maintain them constantly. I just retired from pipe band playing, Upgraded to these since I'm just playing gigs these days. Wore them for the first time last week, very comfortable, great quality, and very pleased. Hopefully this will be my last pair of Ghillies. I would go with the Piper's Ghillie now if still playing in a band for the thicker rubber sole (but more $$$), but these are an attractive shoe with a leather sole and worth the price. Great service by USA Kilts!
(Posted on 9/19/2022)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.
You May Also Like:<