These classic brown daywear ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Beautiful chestnut brown leather, perfect for daytime wear
- Genuine leather uppers
- Goodyear welted leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Brogues Quality Uriel Shlomo
Price Value QualityYou can't buy this type of shoes cheaper than these are. pretty good "true Leather " with leather the stitches, the soles, and bronze heel taps that will make the shoes last for a very long time. Very well made. (Posted on 1/14/2023)
- Quite nice Old Goat 36
Price Value QualityThe shoes fit well, appear to be of fine quality, especially at this price point. I like the brown color but it is a bit lighter than my belt, but a polishing with darker shoe cream polish has helped with matching the two.
I found the fit of these to be very close to what I usually need, they are a little tight with hose on, but a bit of shoe tree stretching should take care of that.
I’m considering getting a black pair for more formal occasions. (Posted on 12/5/2022)
- Top shelf Samuel the Blunt
Quality Price ValueVery comfortable with top quality leather and construction, works very well on kilt night (Posted on 12/1/2022)
- Great quality and service. Mountain Piper
Price Value QualityGood quality - great look. I should have read the reviews before I bought a pair. I ordered the USA size that I wear in other ghillie brogues, but these seem to run a bit small. I'm returning them for a half-size larger. Great service. (Posted on 11/28/2022)
- Fit for my Feet Jonathan
Quality Price ValueThe golden brown color of these Ghillie Brogues is a perfect complement to my Buchanan Ancient kilt (so much better than black) and my muted gray-green Crail jacket and waistcoat. (Posted on 8/10/2022)
- Just what I was looking for McPhate of MacLaren
Price Value QualityAlways wanted a pair of Brown Ghillie Brogues, easy to order, great value & quality, great service & fast delivery time, highly recommended. Looking forward to wearing them with my Tweed Jackets / Vests. Thank you USA Kilts! Creag an Tuirc (Posted on 5/16/2022)
- High Quality. CJ
Price Value QualityBeautiful high quality brogues. I was incredibly pleased. (Posted on 3/7/2022)
- Ghillie Brouges Mountain man
Quality Price ValueWhat can I say but thanks to USA kilts for selling quality merchandise at an affordable price. I was in a rush to get these shoes for an event and I received them within 3 days. Their service is outstanding. (Posted on 2/16/2022)
- Great Shoes David
Price Value QualityI’ve worn Ghillie’s for over 50 years and they’ve always been black. I took the plunge and ordered a pair of brown ones and they are what I wanted. Fit is good (follow the instructions about UK/US sizing and you’ll be set). Prompt delivery and easy ordering. (Posted on 1/31/2022)
- Culloden Ghillie Brogues - brown Bernie Sahadi Ne' Kilgore
Price Value QualityNot as nice as the black version of Ghillie Brogues, but work. I would suggest to everyone to order at least one size larger. This is the one item I have had to return. The size runs small and narrow. So, if you have a wide foot do yourself a favor and order one size up. On the other hand I worked with Derek and the return process was quick and easy. The customer service has been very impressive and easy to communicate with. (Posted on 7/26/2021)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.
You May Also Like:<