The Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Tartan© (aka. "The Police Tartan"©) was designed as a salute to Law Enforcement Officers, everywhere in the world, who have chosen, as a profession, to serve and protect others. It was also designed to memorialize those officers who have already made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. The wearing of this tartan is not restricted to Law Enforcement Officers, but is available for anyone to wear who wants to honor those who serve and the memory of those who have fallen.
- The BLUE represents the living men and women who currently serve or are retired from Law Enforcement.
- The 2 thick BLACK bars represent the men and women who have lost their lives in the line of duty. They also represent the 2 buildings of the World Trade Center (each bar is a tower) and the officers who died there. The 2 black bars contain 36 black threads each, for a total of seventy-two, the number of law enforcement officers who died on 9.11.2001.
- The DARK BLUE line between the 2 black bars is there to represent the “thin blue line” which is a colloquial term for police officers. It means that Law Enforcement officers are all that stand between citizens and criminals.
- The GOLD and SILVER stripes represent the badges that officers wear. The spot where the black stripes cross the silver and gold represents the mourning band that officers wear over their badges when a brother officer dies in the line of duty.
- The GREEN stripe is to honor The Police Emerald Societies and the Irish-Americans who made such a large contribution to police work in the early years in the US when few people wanted to do the job.
A portion of all sales of these kilts will be donated to “C.O.P.S.” (Concerns Of Police Survivors) and therefore this tartan is ONLY available through USA Kilts and may not be reproduced anywhere without the expressed written consent of USA Kilts. This tartan was designed by: Tim Welch and Rocky (aka William) Roeger, USA Kilts, 2008. The name "Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Tartan" and the tartan pattern itself are both ©2008 by William Roeger, USA Kilts and Tim Welch
Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Tartan Wool stole measures 24 inches by 90 inches. It comes with fringed ends (1 1/2" fringe) and sides (1/2" fringe), to allow it to more naturally drape when doubled over.
ReviewsAdd Your Review
1 Item(s)per page
- My wife loves it! First time customer
Quality Price ValueGot the shawl with matching brooch as a birthday present for my wife. She comes from a family of police officers so this gift meant a lot to her. Thank you Rocky Roeger and USA Kilts for making a product that memorializes those proud to be the thin blue line between good citizens and criminals. (Posted on 10/16/2018)
1 Item(s)per page
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like:<