Our Endrick model ghillie brogues are for our budget minded customer or for someone who just wants a good quality pair of brogues at a fair price. These shoes feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Rubber soles
- Padded insoles
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- SIze Matters! Stephen
Quality Price ValueGreat shoes. Good materials, well constructed, comfortable - well, when you order the correct size! I ordered "my" size and these brogues were about a size too small. I called right away, left a message, and they called me back. I had the right size on my feet in about three days. AMAZING customer service. (Posted on 4/12/2017)
- Very happy KEVIN
Price Value QualityVery comfortable, great quality, great price, thanks (Posted on 3/11/2017)
- Well made shoes... Fantastic customer service Jim
Value Quality PriceThe shoes are well made and of reasonably high quality. The run a bit snug in width so if you are wearing thick hose with them I'd suggest purchasing a full size larger. Shoes arrived in a couple of days...Nice! (Posted on 3/7/2017)
- Great Buy Italian/Irish
Value Quality PriceThese shoes are a fantastic buy for the price. They are very comfortable, look great, and are a great value. (Posted on 3/6/2017)
- excellent steve
Quality Price Valueodered and got my shoes in 3 days great service the owner was great knew product and explained in detail will be using them for my next order which will be a kilt (Posted on 12/28/2016)
- Great! Americanscot
Price Value QualityThis is my first pair of Ghillie Brogues and I have received many compliments on them. Thanks! (Posted on 12/9/2016)
- Great product Mark
Price Value QualityPerfect fit and super fast delivery. Thanks (Posted on 10/31/2016)
- Awesome! John Davis
Quality Price ValueLove these... fit my feet perfectly. (Posted on 7/28/2016)
- Great, well made, good price Dave
Price Value QualityComfortable and work very well with the ankle-foot orthotics I have to wear--better, even, than the custom-made shoes the VA provided! (Posted on 6/25/2016)
- Excellent Porter
Price Value QualityAwesome product, fast delivery, very pleased with my order. (Posted on 6/21/2016)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.