Our Endrick model ghillie brogues are for our budget minded customer or for someone who just wants a good quality pair of brogues at a fair price. These shoes feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Rubber soles
- Padded insoles
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Great value, good fit Blyck
Price Value QualityMore comfortable than my regular dress shoes. I haven't worn them for long periods..that will happen in a few weeks. (Posted on 5/15/2015)
- Great product at a great price! Kevin
Price Value QualityFirst of all, USA Kilts told me that these were back ordered and they could not guarantee delivery before St. Paddy's Day. No problem, I was pushing it on time anyway. I am a new drummer in a Pipe Band and we had 45 performances coming up on Saturday and Tuesday (the 17th). They arrived, much to my surprise, on Monday the 16th. I decided to wear them to the 15 performances that day. A decision that some in the band thought I would regret. Let me tell you, I went home after 13 hours of performing at 15 different locations and my feet felt great! These shoes are fantastic for the price. I DO wish the soles were not as slick but after scuffing them up in an asphalt parking lot they were fine. (Posted on 3/30/2015)
- grand service, good product Alhbuild's
Price Value Qualityi ordered a size that didn't fit me, at least with wool stockings on. I called and got an exchange set up in minutes. No problems, plus their delivery was insanely fast. Need it now? No waiting. Shoes look good, well built, linings and everything. (Posted on 3/21/2015)
- rather good service Alhbuild
Price Value Qualitymine were too small, went huge, 15, very snappy service. Now I'm pumped to get my wedding shoes. I will look good. (Posted on 3/9/2015)
- excellent product for the price. MARDET
Quality Price ValueI have several pairs of 200+ dress shoes and these are very comfortable and seam like they will wear well over time. I'm very pleased with the purchace. (Posted on 3/4/2015)
- Great Gillie Brogues for Long Haul Lachlan
Price Value QualityI got a pair as a gift 5 years ago. I wear them at 15+ events/year. They have always been very comfortable to wear all day and evening. They really take a shine nicely. Excellent quality in every respect. Highly recommend them. (Posted on 2/20/2015)
- Excellent shoe in price and quality. Ian D.
Price Value QualityThese Ghillie Brogues are great in both value and quality. The shoes are far superior to those in the same price range found on other websites. The leather uppers are quite supple making the shoes very comfortable. And unlike cheap knockoffs made in the East, these shoes are produced in the UK. The service with USA Kilts was incredible. The shoes shipped the same day of my order and arrived in two days. I could not be more pleased with the product and the service. (Posted on 2/7/2015)
- excellent product dale
Quality Price ValueI have a wide foot with a deformation in one toe and find most shoes uncomfortable until they have been broken in. When I first saw these I was worried they would be too narrow. I tried them on and found them to be a pair of the most comfortable shoes I have ever had straight out of the box. I am very pleased with them (Posted on 1/5/2015)
- Price just right, Awesome fast shipping sgrasty
Quality Price ValueWOW!! I got Good Quality Ghillies at "Ebay prices" with next day shipping at no extra shipping charge. I'LL be Back:) (Posted on 12/22/2014)
- great buy simo
Quality Price Valuebrogues are very good, fast ship and great value. would buy from again. (Posted on 12/19/2014)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.
You May Also Like:<