Do you need a swatch of a wool tartan for color matching purposes for your wedding? Would you like to see a piece of the cloth before committing to a full kilt? Order a swatch of cloth!
Things to Note:
1) Wool Swatches are ordered from the mills in the UK, so swatch orders will take 2 - 4 weeks to ship. Please factor that in when working on a deadline.
2) We offer swatches as a service for the purposes of color matching and to making decisions about kilt purchases. As such, we do not guarantee any particular size or how they are cut. Each mill cuts swatches to different dimensions. If you need a small piece of cloth for a project, we'd advise you order a yard of material (not a swatch) to ensure you have enough.
3) If you order a swatch and later purchase a kilt in that tartan, you can request a refund of your swatch price once you place the kilt order.
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Tartan swatch - nicely presented! gale
Value Quality PriceI ordered a swatch of Ayrshire ancient as that represents my married name and a name on my mom's side of the family. Sent in nice protective package and with candy! (Posted on 6/14/2019)
- Do it they Help...ALOT! William
Price Value QualityThe swatch is the way to go and answers many questions,
Especially if you are unable to go to the USAKilts store. (Posted on 6/6/2019)
- Great Customer service idea Rascal
Price Value QualityThis is a terrific way to see the true colors in the tartan. Not only that, I can feel the weight and texture as well. Since this is woven from colored threads there is no 'wrong' side (as it's not printed). Really good way to see what the kilt is going to look like. I like that they offer a credit on a kilt order, but I think I would buy the swatch anyhow if they didn't. Love this company! (Posted on 6/3/2019)
- Great idea. Russell
Price Value QualityI ordered a couple of swatches to help decided on which tartan I would like to get as my first kilt. I ordered American Heritage, American National, and Masonic. All three were impressive in person. The masonic tartan, when I took it outside, had more purple hues in it than I noticed online. I liked the look of each one and have decided on which I will order first. I am currently saving up for a 5 yard wool and hope to order in the next month or so. (Posted on 4/7/2019)
- Swatch to Match- And it did! Alphonse B.
Quality Price ValueI bought a swatch of the County Cork Tartan to match a tie I bought in Ireland 10 years ago.
It was a PERFECT match.
I’ve since serged the edges and now use the swatch as a pocket square (it came about 7x7 inches).
I’m very happy with the quality and quick turn around time. (Posted on 3/27/2019)
- Tartan swatch Jesse
Price Value QualityI am a piper who has outgrown his family kilt. So I ordered swatches from USA kilts to consider which tartan I will be purchasing due to different mills interpretations of the tartans. They arrived faster than I anticipated which is great and the correspondence with USA kilts has been outstanding...i have ordered a few more swatches just for comparison.. overall, the customer service experience has been amazing. The swatches are clearly labeled and are complete enough to make a good assessment of the material.. look forward to getting my new kilt and pipers plaid (Posted on 2/17/2019)
- Very Happy with transaction JD
Price Value QualitySwatch matched very closely to image on website - Ordered a 5 yard kilt from it, and had very clear, easy to follow instructons on how to proceed to get a refund on the swatch price (since I did order a Kilt from the material) Clan Lindsay modernfrom LochCarron Mill
JD (Posted on 2/15/2019)
- Service exceeded expectations Bob
Price Value QualityService exceeded expectations and the swatch allowed me to make a decision and proceed with a kilt order (Posted on 2/7/2019)
- Perfect sample Mandy
Quality Price ValueI ordered a sample of my fiancé’s family tartan to incorporate into my wedding next year. It came quickly and the quality is great. Can’t wait to order more products from this company! (Posted on 12/15/2018)
- Sample swatch Scott
Price Value QualityIf your clan has a lot of tartan options its good to see the actual fabric. Pictures really can't be accurate. This is especially true if you are planning to order an expensive kilt. (Posted on 11/23/2018)
Write Your Own Review
You May Also Like:<