Items offered for sale by USA Kilts fall into one of two categories: Ready Made or CUSTOM.
At the top of each product page on our site, there is a box under the price which has either a truck icon (Ready Made Product) or scissors icon (Custom Product) :
Ready Made Products:
- Returnable within 30 days of the original postage date, “new with tags / new in box”, resalable condition.
- Resalable condition is defined as: item can’t be washed, dirty, worn, ripped, have spots on it, have the tag off or anything else that would prevent us from selling it to someone as “new”.
- Items returned that we deem are in resalable condition within the 30 day period, can be exchanged or returned for a refund.
- Shipping charges for returned items are not refundable. If you'd like to exchange an item, there will be an additional shipping charge to ship the new item.
- Ghillie brogues must be unworn and box in “new” condition (returned with the shoebox inside of another box). When in doubt, wear them for 5 minutes, inside on carpet.
- Kilt Hose are not returnable if opened, for sanitary reasons.
If you would like to return or exchange an item, please call us at the shop (1.800.368.8633) or email us (Sales@USAKilts.com) prior to shipping the item back to discuss your options. Please do NOT ship an item back to us without contacting us first. If you do, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Custom products are not returnable or exchangeable. This includes, but is not limited to: Kilts made to your measurements, any tartan items (flashes, plaids, sashes, shawls, etc), custom sizes of jackets and/or vests, any tweed jackets and/or vests, clan crest items, sized jewelry, etc.
- There’s a reason that we stress proper measuring on the site and in the measuring instructions… There are no returns on custom made products. If you receive a kilt and it doesn’t fit, there are two possibilities.
1. We did not make the kilt to the measurements you provided. If this is the case, we will replace the kilt or adjust it to the original measurements given at our cost (including shipping back and forth).
2. If the kilt was made to the measurements given but the measurements themselves were incorrect, there will be a charge to adjust the kilt to the proper size and for return shipping costs. If the difference in measurements is deemed by us to be excessive or otherwise "not adjustable", the kilt may need to be re-ordered.
In either scenario, once the kilt is returned to our shop, we will re-measure it and check those measurements against our order on file.
- Dirty Clothes: If you send us an item to be re-sized and it needs to be cleaned, there WILL be a $25 charge to clean it... that includes animal hair, stains or anything we deem "needs to be cleaned." If in doubt, please Wash it / Dry Clean it before you send it to us.
If you have received a custom item that doesn’t fit, please call us at the shop (1.800.368.8633 or 610.948.4110) or email us (Sales@USAKilts.com) prior to shipping the item back to discuss your options and for return instructions. Please, do NOT ship an item back to us without contacting us first. If you do, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Gift Certificates are not refundable, but they are transferrable if you would like to pass it on to someone else.