These classic brown daywear ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Beautiful chestnut brown leather, perfect for daytime wear
- Genuine leather uppers
- Goodyear welted leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
7 Item(s)per page
- Great shoe! Stuart of taylor
Price Value QualityGreat shoe! A tad pricy but you get what you pay for.very well made,very high quality,and very comfortable.Should last a long tume.thanks USA kilts! You guys are the greatest! (Posted on 4/7/2017)
- good deal shoes
Value Quality Priceperfect fit, great looking (Posted on 1/12/2015)
- Beautiful and Well-Made! Armstrang
Quality Price ValueThese are real leather shoes, and they are very well-constructed. The laces are a bit short, but I can fix that. Because they are a bit tight through the top of the foot, I had to stretch them out with towels and shoe trees to get a comfy fit. All good leather shoes need to be worn in, and these are no exception. (Posted on 10/14/2014)
- Beautifully crafted shoe C Harrell_Texas
Quality Price ValueI must say I was extremely pleased with these brogues the moment I opened the box. The craftmanship seems top notch and equal to any dress shoe I own. Can't wait to break them in! (Posted on 10/14/2014)
- $250 Shoes for a whole lot less! Dzhonmc
Value Quality PriceI searched really quite hard to find these brown brogues. There are a lot of options out there and I am so happy I went with these. Great padding and stitching. Very happy with the welted sole! A quality "old-school" shoe. Will be buying these in black soon! (Posted on 10/14/2014)
- Great Ghillies for great value! spurlox
Price Value QualityI searched the internet for days attempting to find brown ghillies. Most places only offer black. These ghillies are amazing! Real deal professional business shoe feel. The padding is very comfortable. Also, very impressed that they came with two sets of laces. I like the long laces for the real ghillie look and feel. I'm sure I will impress the judges as I plan to wear these ghillies to compete as a solo piper. (Posted on 10/14/2014)
- Top Quality Joseph
Quality Price ValueI purchased the Culloden Ghillie Brogues, with the Simple Brown Day Sporran and Black Embossed Kilt Belt. I must say I am delighted, not only did the Culloden Ghillie Brogues complete the look I was after, they are of the highest quality. (Posted on 10/14/2014)
7 Item(s)per page
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.