These classic brown daywear ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Beautiful chestnut brown leather, perfect for daytime wear
- Genuine leather uppers
- Goodyear welted leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Culloden Ghillie Brogues - brown Bernie Sahadi Ne' Kilgore
Price Value QualityNot as nice as the black version of Ghillie Brogues, but work. I would suggest to everyone to order at least one size larger. This is the one item I have had to return. The size runs small and narrow. So, if you have a wide foot do yourself a favor and order one size up. On the other hand I worked with Derek and the return process was quick and easy. The customer service has been very impressive and easy to communicate with. (Posted on 7/26/2021)
- Happier than a tick free coon dog ! Lil Sam
Price Value QualityI absolutely love these shoes. They are well built, look great, and comfortable straight out the box. Was here in just a few days and customer service is top notch. Would recommend this company without hesitation. (Posted on 6/19/2021)
- Excellent David
Value Quality PriceService and delivery was quick. I followed the advice in the reviews and ordered one size bigger. The brogues look great and fit perfectly. After one night of wearing them, they are as comfortable as I had hoped. Still getting used to the steel taps in the heels but that will come with time. Awesome shoe and great service, thanks, guys! (Posted on 5/14/2021)
- As Good as It Gets Skiv
Price Value QualityI have never had a problem with this company, and that record continues. I got the shoes today, and they are just what I need. They are a great match up to the black pair I got from this same store last year, and should last me a lifetime. I thank you for your continued, excellent service. (Posted on 3/20/2021)
- Best shoes I've ever had! Emmett
Value Quality PriceRight out of the box, these things were quite comfortable to wear. The leather is very well made, and is durable too. They accent my kilt nice, and I'm happy to finally own a pair!
I am also very impressed with the standard of professionalism in business that the company has set. I got a set of business cards and information along with the brogues. All in all, they are examples of outstanding footwear, USA Kilt is one of the best places I've ever shopped, and I shall definitely be purchasing a kilt from you guys in the near future! (Posted on 9/12/2020)
- Awesome Michael
Quality Price ValueAbsolutely love these shoes. Very comfy. Quality made. Easily, the nicest ghillie brogues I've seen and worn. Highly recommended. (Posted on 12/3/2019)
- Och Aye, love them Jack
Price Value QualityGreat service, great product, Thank You. (Posted on 11/15/2019)
- Just as pictured ICG
Quality Price ValueThe shoes lock exactly like they are in the pictures. Outstanding pair of shoes. (Posted on 12/12/2018)
- Excellent Shoe Lighiche
Quality Price ValueOutstanding rendition in brown of the classic kilt shoe. Well made. Excellent value.
Fit is tight, as several have mentioned. Strongly recommend ordering a least a half size larger than you’d normally wear. Even then you might need to stretch the toe box a tad, especially if you wear hand knit kilt hose.
All in all a fine pair of brogues. (Posted on 12/27/2017)
- Excellent Ghillies, a little tight. Carl Jones
Quality Price ValueI have been wanting to pull the trigger and buy these for a long time but was having a hard time justifying the cost when I all ready had a less expensive pair of black Ghillies. I found these elsewhere and purchased them in a size that should have fit. They were way to tight and I had to return them, but the vendor did not have any larger sizes in stock. I then found these here and bought a larger size. the larger size was still a little tight (narrow) but took them to a cobbler who had them stretched for me in about 5 minutes. They are now very comfortable and look absolutely gorgeous. (Posted on 11/9/2017)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.
You May Also Like:<