This tartan was designed as a salute to firefighters, everywhere in the world, who are ready to sacrifice their lives everyday for the protection of others. It was also designed to memorialize those firefighters who have already made the ultimate sacrifice.
- The red background of the tartan represents fire and the fire trucks;
- The black is in remembrance of those who have already made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.
- The green and gold represent the Irish community which has such strong ties with the organization and occupation of fire fighting;
- And lastly, the three red lines in the middle of each square are: 3 red threads, 4 red threads, and 3 red threads – representing the 343 FDNY firefighters who lost their lives on 9/11/2001 – the largest amount of fire fighters who ever perished in a single day in the history of the United States.
A portion of all sales of these kilts will be donated to the Leary Firefighters Foundation and therefore this tartan is ONLY available through USA Kilts and may not be reproduced anywhere without the expressed written consent of USA Kilts.
The scarf is 100% lambswool and measures 10" x 70". The tartan design is Copyright USA Kilts, Inc 2005
- Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
AvailabilityThis is a custom item, which takes 2 to 4 weeks to ship.
You May Also Like:<