Our Endrick model ghillie brogues are for our budget minded customer or for someone who just wants a good quality pair of brogues at a fair price. These shoes feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Rubber soles
- Padded insoles
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Better than the price would lead you to believe. Michael
Price Value QualityAs usual USA Kilts delivered. The quality of these shoes is exceptional. Better yet they fit perfectly. Looking for an event to wear them. (Posted on 2/14/2019)
- Good quality product DW
Quality Price ValueThese seem to be solid, well made shoes. If you have wide feet, you can assume the fit will be something of a compromise. I wear US 10W but these don't come in wide widths. I ordered 10.5 and they fit OK. They are a bit long, and the width is still a tiny bit narrow, but I believe they will break in a fit OK. They will never be perfect. (They are marked with UK sizes, one size smaller, but they included a note explaining this.) (Posted on 2/9/2019)
- Amazing Wheelz
Price Value QualityGreat shoe for a great price (Posted on 2/4/2019)
- Love'm. Jackaroo
Price Value QualityJust in time for Burns dinner coming up this week. (Posted on 1/14/2019)
- Shoe good Sean
Quality Price ValueWrote nice review but hit wrong button. Basically 5/5: good shoe, thick leather, great staff. Can't speak highly enough about USAKilts (Posted on 12/11/2018)
- Endrick Ghillie Brogues Elizabeth
Quality Price ValueWe received out sons Ghillies for his upcoming wedding! They are Beautiful! They were shipped right away and fit perfect! Thank you USA Kilt! you guys are top notch! (Posted on 12/9/2018)
- Great Buy Joe
Price Value QualityFit right out of the box! I wore them all day at the Highland Games in NH and they were comfortable. (Posted on 9/27/2018)
- Great Customer Service; Great Product Packman 1966
Price Value QualityI had read the reviews and was nervous about ordering shoes on-line. I called the store and got great advice on what to expect with the fit of the brogues. The brogues fit great and are very comfortable. I would recommend them, especially when they are 40 - 50 dollars cheaper than many other brands. (Posted on 9/10/2018)
- Excellent product and service! Tom
Quality Price ValueThese brogues are perfect, just as I expected that they be,
To top it off, I had ordered the wrong size. and within days of returning the first pair I had received the new pir. Perfect fit!
Thank you guys at USA Kilt!!! (Posted on 6/30/2018)
- Great shoes Steve
Quality Price ValueAfter a quick break-in, the shoes are very comfortable. High quality and comfort. Would definitely recommend these.... (Posted on 6/18/2018)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.