These ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Cemented and stitched leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Comes in wide sizes
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Good shoes Terrahawk
Quality Price ValueI've worn the shoes once for about 3 hours. It was a street gig. They were tolerable for a short distance on pavement having only been worn for 2 hours the night before. I had to get some grip/friction tape to keep from falling on my butt in the house on both smooth floors and rugs. I wish the toe box was a bit wider. I ordered a 12.5 wide i stead of a 12W and am glad I did since its not quite as wide as I'd like. They are solid and will certainly hold up to pipe band duty better than my last pair which fell apart in the rain after light/moderate use. (Posted on 10/10/2018)
- Wonderful Service & Quality Rand
Quality Price ValueUSA kilts is a wonderful company! The service, quality and speed of shipping is excellent. Thank so much! (Posted on 10/3/2018)
- Good Rob
Price Value QualityFinally found a set of ghilles that comfortably fit my feet. (Posted on 8/18/2018)
- Great LoboLocoMT
Price Value QualityWell made and immediately comfortable. No breaking in required. I HIGHLY recommend. (Posted on 6/20/2018)
- Great shoes Fridayschild
Price Value QualityComfortable for the long haul wore them 13 hrs. yesterday...not to mention great service (Posted on 4/16/2018)
- Excellent quality. DRM
Price Value QualityExcellent quality and were comfortable from the first time I put them on. (Posted on 3/20/2018)
- Top Notch Bob
Value Quality PricePerfect fit of a high quality shoe.... (Posted on 1/16/2018)
- Great product. Chris
Quality Price ValueI needed a wide size and was directed to this shoe. It's absolutely comfortable with no pressure points. The leather gives nicely and won't require beating the shoe into submission! Happy with my purchase! (Posted on 11/23/2017)
- Great shoes, best customer service. Harry
Price Value QualityI have wide feet. I always have problems finding truly "Wide" fitting shoes. These were perfect, and they were delivered in less than 7 days. (Posted on 5/29/2017)
- Excellent Bret
Price Value QualityExcellent shoe. Looking forward to wearing to daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks (Posted on 3/28/2017)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.