These ghillie brogues are the upper end of our range and are a fully featured, executive grade shoe. They feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Cemented and stitched leather soles
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Comes in wide sizes
- Made in the UK
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Great shoes, best customer service. Harry
Price Value QualityI have wide feet. I always have problems finding truly "Wide" fitting shoes. These were perfect, and they were delivered in less than 7 days. (Posted on 5/29/2017)
- Excellent Bret
Price Value QualityExcellent shoe. Looking forward to wearing to daughter's wedding in a couple of weeks (Posted on 3/28/2017)
- A better brogue with timely delivery Mac K
Price Value QualityUSA Kilt delivered as advertised–a Celtic crafted, well made brogue for a fair price. I needed a leather sole to bust some moves on the dance floor which led me up market to these shoes. Mine came with metal strike plates on the heel which may lead you to tread carefully on a wood floor you care about but which will undoubtably prolong he life of the heel and sound absolutely awesome when your strutting your stuff on the street. I over shot on size, worried that I'd end up with tight shoes on my seemingly ever expanding feet. The return will cost you so choose carefully. The replacement pair fit nicely and my experience suggest that a half size over your regular size will be comfortable with a thickish pair of classic knee high socks. Wide is for those with truly wide feet–stick with regular width if you're borderline like me. USA Kilt offers exceptional customer service with very fast shipping. Thanks to them my dress kilt was complete and my pleats were flying on the New Year's eve dance floor. (Posted on 1/3/2017)
- Higher Cost but wonderful fit. Sparky
Quality Price ValueNot happy with the price since I need a wide fit and these are the only ones on the website that come in wide. I love the quality of the shoe and the fit is perfect. Pay attention to the difference in sizes. These shoes are Sized UK. They feel great.
[ADMIN NOTE: The shoes are marked in UK sizes, but we account for that. When you order, you are ordering in your US Shoe Size] (Posted on 12/12/2016)
- Excellant Value, and Quality Product! Rick C.
Quality Price ValueHesitant to spend this amount on shoes I'm not planning on wearing that often ... but when I tried them on ..WOW! Nice Shoes! ... glad I did ... (Posted on 11/6/2016)
- Great John
Quality Price ValueThese shoes are very nice and well made (Posted on 11/4/2016)
- Excellent Jamie
Quality Price ValueThese ghillie brogues are very, very high quality. These shoes are exactly what I needed and wanted. Being a military veteran, the first thing I did was rub these fine leather brogues down with mink oil a couple of times and then began polishing them. They look beautiful. I would highly recommend these ghillie brogues. (Posted on 8/22/2016)
- High quality, fair price, and fast service Morgan Mackay
Price Value QualityI had a little problem getting the right size. The UK sizing was a size and a half too big. Sent them back to exchange and was startled how quick the turn--around was. (Posted on 8/15/2016)
- Wonderful Service Mike2
Quality Price ValueGreat shoes exactly what I needed and I got my order in 3 days. Ordered on Friday evening and got them on Monday afternoon. I could not be more pleased. (Posted on 5/22/2016)
- Well Made! Scot Cop
Price Value QualityGreat shoe, well constructed. I normally wear an 11.5 W (5E) and the "wide" was a bit snug but was able to be stretched perfectly. Fast shipping and excellent service as always. (Posted on 3/7/2016)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.