These ghillie brogues are the perfect shoe for bagpipers and drummers who march in parades or for those who put a lot of miles on their shoes and want a 'non slip' sole. They feature:
- Genuine leather uppers
- Extra thick rubber leather soles, perfect for marching in parades
- Poron shock absorber insoles for maximum comfort and anti-stress through the lower limb joints
- Padded ankle area for added comfort
- Steel quarter tip on heel for maximum durability
- Fully leather lined with kip lining
- Made in the UK.
ReviewsAdd Your Review
- Great Shoes KD
Price Value QualityGreat shoes, really comfortable and well made, great customer service and the sweeties in the box were a nice touch (what brand are they? - I think I'm addicted to them!) (Posted on 1/21/2019)
- Very comfortable John
Quality Price ValueI received my new pair last week, with the expert advice of the very friendly staff at USA Kilts, they fit great and are very comfortable, I ordered a 1/2 size bigger than my regular size. The folks at USA Kilts are the best. (Posted on 7/1/2018)
- Great Gillies MKCorb
Price Value QualityAfter wearing a pair of Gillies a half size to small for 6 years, really appreciate these proper fitting Brogues. (Posted on 6/17/2018)
- Great experience K
Price Value QualityGreat product, excellent customer service (Posted on 12/27/2017)
- Gillies Harry
Price Value QualityGreat service! Nice people. (Posted on 5/25/2017)
- Best Ever Graihwing
Value Quality PriceA fine, durable ghillie that addresses all the needs of fashion and function. (Posted on 4/8/2017)
- Sharp and Classy Justin
Price Value QualityI've never wore Ghillie Brogues or any kind of Brogue and I'm very glad to have purchased these because they were quite comfortable in the parade I was in. Great quality too! (Posted on 9/12/2016)
- Fantastic shoes Brandon
Quality Price ValueVery comfortable shoes, even when wearing them for hours on end. Very quick shipping. (Posted on 3/16/2016)
- Damn! these are the best! Paddy
Quality Price ValueYou will love these!!!!!!! (Posted on 3/16/2016)
- Fast Delivery Mark
Value Quality PriceThe shoes fit size to size ( order as you would any shoe). Shoes and kilt pin came very fast. Will definitely order from you again (Posted on 3/14/2016)
Write Your Own Review
As the highlands of Scotland have a plethora of rainy days and bogs and rivers to trek through, the highlanders living there needed footwear appropriate for the climate. Out of necessity was born the Ghillie Brogue.
The ghillie brogue started out as a shoe that would allow water to drain quickly. They have a pattern of holes (similar to ‘wing tips’) and do not have tongues. This is to give water a way to escape while they walked. They also have laces which wrap around the leg. This is so the wearer’s shoe won’t get stuck in the mud while walking.
Tying Ghillie Brogues - While there are a few different ways to tie them, this is the way we find the best:
1. Put on the shoes and pull the laces tight.
2. While pulling them taut and holding them near the ends, twist the laces around each other 4 times, clockwise.
3. Pull the laces straight out to each side (one in either direction) to make a small, 1” high ‘column’ of twists right above the top of the shoe.
4. Next pass the laces behind your leg in opposite directions so that they cross in the back, about 2” to 3” up from the top of the heel of the shoe (around your Achilles). Make half knot in back and tighten it.
5. Bring the laces around to the front, about 4” to 5” above the top of the shoe. Make a half knot and tie the shoes (make “bunny ears”). I highly recommend double knotting the shoes to keep them from coming undone.
If you're not going to remember how to do this later, we suggest printing out this page and keeping it in the box with your shoes until you can do it from memory.