This tartan was designed as a salute to firefighters, everywhere in the world, who are ready to sacrifice their lives everyday for the protection of others. It was also designed to memorialize those firefighters who have already made the ultimate sacrifice.
- The red background of the tartan represents fire and the fire trucks;
- The black is in remembrance of those who have already made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty;
- The green and gold represent the Irish community which has such strong ties with the organization and occupation of fire fighting;
- And lastly, the three red lines in the middle of each square are: 3 red threads, 4 red threads, and 3 red threads – representing the 343 FDNY firefighters who lost their lives on 9/11/2001 – the largest amount of fire fighters who ever perished in a single day in the history of the United States.
A portion of all sales of these kilts will be donated to the Leary Firefighters Foundation and therefore this tartan is ONLY available through USA Kilts and may not be reproduced anywhere without the expressed written consent of USA Kilts. This tartan was designed by: Kelly Stewart, USA Kilts, 2007. The name "Firefighters Memorial Tartan" and the tartan pattern itself are both ©2007 by USA Kilts
This Firefighters Memorial Tartan Shawl measures 24 inches by 90 inches. It comes with fringed ends (1 1/2" fringe) and sides (1/2" fringe), to allow it to more naturally drape when doubled over as a shawl collar. Please note: Since these sashes are made from fabric that is ordered from the UK, they will take 2 to 4 weeks to ship once your order is placed.
- Be the first to review this product
Write Your Own Review
AvailabilityThis is a custom item. Since the material is ordered from Scotland, it will take roughly 3 weeks to ship.